1) Registration. ATbids requires registration seperate from live Andrew Turner Auctions. All bidders must be approved by ATbids staff. You recieve an email notification when your registration is approved, telephone verification may also be required. At this point in time, a valid credit card is not required to place a bid. While we will accept bids from across the US and the entire world, our primary area of service is the Kansas City metro. While bids are placed online, we desire to maintain our accessibility and one on one rapport with our customers. We are happy to help you register and place bids at our facility.
2) Bidding and Buying. Users who bid on an item are required to complete the transaction. A bid is a legally binding agreement to complete a sale. Successful buyers who fail to complete a transaction may be blocked from the site and may be required to post a non-refundable deposit prior to bidding on any lots. ATbids may ask bidders to provide a government-issued photo ID, the name and address of which match the registration name and address on their registration page.
a) Lots on the site may or may not have a minimum bid or reserve requirement. Sellers are not obligated to sell an item unless the sale closes and the minimum bid or reserve has been met.
b) Owners of property, or agents of owners, may not bid on their own lots.
c) Bid retractions may be permitted under special circumstances. We retain complete control and the right to terminate, modify, extend, or re-start any bid for any reason. Should a lot on which you are bidding be modified, extended, or discontinued, you agree to hold ATbids, Kansas City Estate Sale Services, Andrew Turner Auctions and agents harmless from any legal action. Occasionally we recognize that bids are made in error and want to help users who make a mistake. We may decide to continue the transaction, extend the duration of the sale, close the item early and relist the item, or take other action. Notification to other bidders will be made on lots which have been closed early and/or relisted. Should a contested bid take place, the user should contact us immediately. Any fraudulent bidding or other activity on the site will be cause for immediate loss of user privileges.
d) We reserve the right to reject bids, suspend, or block any user's access to our site at our sole discretion. Users who are blocked or otherwise prohibited from bidding acknowledge that permission to bid is given at our sole discretion.
e) Biders may place bids in person via auction staff at our facility.
f) After winning an auction, the high bidder will receive an email notice or telephone contact. We are in no way responsible for errors in this process be it on the part of our staff or bidder. Always feel free to contact us directly via telephone or email if you have any questions or concerns.
g) We reserve the right to remove any lot from the site, modify descriptions, or make any changes to any auction at any time. We also may for any reason and at any time refuse to process a bid, restrict bidding, or block a bidder from the site. All users of this site agree to hold ATbids/Kansas City Estate Sale Services, LLC/Andrew Turner Auctions completely blameless for any of the above.
h) Auction closing will be extended five minutes if a bid is placed within the final two minutes of auction.
3) Buyer's Premium. A 5% buyer's premium will be applied to all lots sold, to be paid by the purchaser as part of the purchase price (purchase price and buyer's premium), as well as applicaible sales tax.
4) Consignors' Warranty. Consignors warrant for the benefit of the buyer that:
a) The Seller has the right to sell the item, there are no encumbrances on the lot offered for sale, and the clear and good title will pass to the buyer without any claims. The Seller does not have any information which would lead a reasonable person to believe the object was stolen.
b) If applicable, the object has been lawfully imported or exported and all appropriate duties or fees paid and the Seller will facilitate the shipping of the item to the successful buyer.
5) Guarantee Policy. We wish to be fair to both bidder and consignor, and will make every effort to do so. However, all items are sold as-is. The bidder is responsible to inspect items in person if he or she has any doubt of condition, authenticity, reproduction or intellectual property rights. We provide ample preview opportunites and will be held harmless for any discrepancies and no refund will be required.
Each consignor guarantees no items will be intentionally misrepresented. If a discrepancy related to misrepresentation is made, consignor agrees ATbids/Kansas City Estate Sale Services, LLC/Andrew Turner Auctions may provide buyer with consignors contact information. ATbids/Kansas City Estate Sale Services, LLC/Andrew Turner Auctions will be held harmless from any refund issued, or lack thereof, by both bidder and consignor. This does not apply to third party purchasers. The terms of misrepresentation do not cover adjectival terms or statements of opinion, and do not include normal wear and tear for age, or minor faults such as nicks and chips to large sets of porcelain or glassware, scratches and stains to furniture, imperfections with upholstered items, damages to framed artwork, or similar damage to other items. Buyers should expect minor faults to be present and these will not be listed in the description as Buyers are expected to avail themselves for a personal inspection during the available preview times.
6) Payment Policy. Cash, credit card, or local approved personal check are accepted. Payment will be made immediately and will constitute the total purchase price of the high bid plus the buyer's premium plus any associated transaction fees and sales tax. Lots will not leave premisis until good payment has been made. Items paid by check may require a holding period until payment has cleared. If payments are not received within seven days the sale may be cancelled and items relisted. Any payments made by a purchaser that are incomplete during this period are forfeited by the purchaser, as well as any title to the lot in question, unless a mutually acceptable agreement is in effect.
a) All items must be picked up or arranged to be shipped within 14 days of the sale closing. If items have not been paid for and picked up or shipped within the 14 day limit, the Purchaser will forfeit ownership of the lot/s and we may charge a late payment fee, storage fee, or choose to pursue legal action. The Buyer will be held liable for damages incurred, including the original purchase price, costs to reoffer the item, full commissions, legal fees, storage fees, and other related expenses, and the Buyer's account may be deactivated.
b) Any successful bidder who fails to pay for a lot as specified in the Terms and Conditions of Sale will forfeit all ownership of the lot or lots in question and we may choose at our discretion, to resell or donate the lot(s) for an amount equal to penalties as applicable in the Conditions of Sale, including the total purchase price and other associated charges.
c) Lots that are not picked up within 30 days will be considered forfeited by the purchaser and we will have the right to resell, donate, or otherwise dispose of the property in a manner of our choosing. We reserve the right to charge the Buyer for moving or other expenses incurred during this process.
7) Indemnity and Limited Liability. ATbids/Kansas City Estate Sale Services/Andrew Turner Auctions will not be liable for any damages of any type which arise from the use of this site, including: lost data, messages received, goods or services received, lost revenues or profits, or any transactions of any kind. Nor will be liable for indirect or consequential damages, or damages which result in lost profits arising from the use of the site. All users of this site agree to hold us, and the employees or agents, harmless from any claims made by any third party for any users failure to adhere to the rules and regulations governing the use of the site.
8) Site Functionality. All users of our site are prohibited from interfering with the proper functioning of the site or infecting the site with any programming routine which may interfere with the site functionality. We makes no representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever as to the site functionality.
The site is provided "as is" and "as available" and we may at our sole discretion discontinue the use of the site or any features on the site or auctions for any reason and with no liability to the user. Any material obtained in any manner from our site is at the discretion and risk of the user and any resulting damages to a computer, program, or data is the responsibility of the user.
Information generated by transactions on the site is available to us and will be used to improve site features and functionality. We may employ outside firms to analyze web traffic. These firms will not collect user profiles or capture other user data other than session data used to make site enhancements. Cookies are used on the website for the purpose of enabling auction services. If you disable the cookies, you will be unable to log onto the auction site. Collecting preferences, addresses, user id, email addresses, and customer names are available to us and if you do not opt out of receiving email notification, will be used for notification purposes about future sales on the site or other events which may be of interest. Confidential information will not be shared with other users but may be shared with bidders and/or consignors on the site if deemed necessary to complete a business transaction. Users of the site authorize us to maintain paper files relating to transactions. Should ATbids/Kansas City Estate Sale Services/Andrew Turner Auctions sell or merge operations, user information and site data will be shared with the new operators.
Users of the site are responsible for all transactions taken under the user's id and / or password. If you suspect your id or password is not secure, it is your responsibility to change it immediately. Occasionally wemay contact a site user to verify their authorization to use the site. Bidding on high value lots may require additional verification procedures to be determined solely at our discretion.
To protect the site, all users authorize us to make available to law enforcement authorities personal transaction information without a subpoena.
To remove your name from our database or ask a question about privacy please email the site operator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
10) Arbitration. Any legal claim or controversy arising over the terms of this agreement will be subject to binding arbitration in the state of Missouri.
Should a claim be filed contrary to these terms, then the other party may recover attorney's fees and costs.
11) Severability. If any part of this agreement is for any reason unenforceable, the exclusion of that part will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
12) Usernames. All usernames are subject to editorial review. Inappropriate content is not allowed.
13) Contact. All communication regarding this site should be sent to:
email@example.com or 1801 Guinotte Kansas City, MO 64120
SALE OF PROTECTED ANIMALS AND PLANTS
Please note, that as the purchaser, you are responsible for conforming with applicable federal, state and local government regulations concerning objects that contain endangered species materials or related substances. We assume no responsibility for communicating to the purchaser the legality or otherwise of the sale of any objects that may be restricted under state and local law within the jurisdiction of the purchaser.